The Bahamas is an archipelagic country in the Atlantic ocean between the Lesser Antilles and the coast of Florida. It consists of 700 islands and 2,000 coral reefs. The Bahamas is famous for its luxury resorts thus being a popular destination for yacht vacations.
It is always warm on the Bahamas, but yachting is especially great between November and May. The temperature does not rise above +25°C, and there is no rain. If you are traveling with family or friends, rent a yacht with a crew so that you could enjoy your holiday without thinking about navigation. If you want to navigate the yacht by yourself, remember that a captain’s license is required.
The Bahamas often host regattas, yacht exhibitions, and various festivals — spending Christmas while attending them can be quite fun.
A rented yacht means you can visit practically any island, even with the smallest harbors — those which seem uninhabited do have small berths. There are many ports and marinas on Abaco Island, New Providence, and Grand Bahama — yacht infrastructure is well-developed here. Some of the islands belong to celebrities, and, as the Bahamas is considered a luxury destination, the service is usually exquisite.
If you are planning a yacht tour at the Bahamas, don’t forget to visit the following places:
1. Bimini Island is close to Miami, another Caribbean yacht center. Guests may go fishing or diving or simply enjoy the sun on the lovely beaches of this island where, by the way, Ernest Hemingway once lived. They say that some of his personal belongings are still kept in the Big John’s Hotel.
2. Grand Bahama is quite entertaining: there are casinos, restaurants, and cabarets. If you are traveling with kids, though, then a trip to Rand Nature Center with its tropical gardens and a man-made reef could be quite edifying.
3. The Abaco Islands were made for the fans of yachting. Almost no storms, so it is completely safe to travel independently even without proper experience. Marsh Harbor is great for enjoying a beach vacation; those who want may go fishing or play golf. Several great restaurants are located on the Great Guana Cay in the center of the Abaco Islands.
4. Nassau, the capital of the Bahamas, and New Providence are perfect for shopping.
5. Exuma is a great destination for diving as there are numerous coral reefs, colorful fish, sunken ships, and underwater caves. Jet skiing is quite popular here, too.
Renting a yacht while in Bahamas will make your holiday unforgettable. Host parties on the seashore, enjoy the islands and coral reefs, go diving or jet skiing—we can provide everything you need — just give us the details upon submitting your order.
Choose a yacht, and GetBoat.com will take care of the rest!