Spain is famous for its landmarks and resorts. The country occupies 80% of the Iberian Peninsula and is encircled by the Atlantic Ocean and the Mediterranean Sea. The territory of Spain also includes amazingly beautiful Balearic and Canary Islands, where everyone should visit at least once in their life.
Many tourists prefer to stay on the beaches and travel with tour guides. Few days can be enough to get the general idea about Spanish culture and leave with a tan (especially in summer). However, if you want to have an amazing vacation, we recommend that you rent a yacht in Spain. Mild climate, many harbors, and picturesque bays make the three key ingredients for a fascinating cruise.
Spain is one of the most popular locations for yacht and bareboat charters. The views of Mallorca, the Ibiza parties at night, and tours along Menorca during the day… Enjoy the cozy harbors of the Canary Islands or the surrealistic architecture of Barcelona. On the boat, you will see the most exciting places and rediscover the country.
The climate in Spain is mild, with temperatures rarely going below +10 °С in winter and reaching +32 °С in summer. Swimming season is open between June and October. Spain is a very hospitable country. People come here to see the main landmarks, to learn how to dance flamenco, and to try paella.
There are eight main ports in Spain: the Port of Algeciras, the Port of Barcelona, the Port of Bilbao, the Port of Málaga, the Port of Valencia, the Port of Vigo, the Port of Cartagena, and the Port of Santa Cruz de Tenerife. Every single one of them is an economy and tourist center of the country. Every day, trade deals are secured here, cargo and passenger ships arrive, and cruise ships leave.
During the yacht tour in Spain you may see:
1. The Canary Islands: Tenerife, Gran Canaria, Lanzarote, La Palma, La Gomera, El Hierro, and Fuerteventura. Every island has its own landscape, cuisine, and traditions.
2. There are no private beaches in Spain, only public. If you want some privacy with spectacular views as a nice addition, travel to the Costa Brava, the Costa Daurada, the Costa Blanca, or the Costa del Sol. Swim in crystal clear waters of the Mediterranean Sea and enjoy the sun on sandy beaches.
3. Tenerife, one of the largest islands of the country. You can do kitesurfing here, and if diving is your choice, then visit the Alboran or Ierro Island or the Cíes Islands.
4. Ibiza and Formentera, for those who love partying. Visit the fancy clubs and restaurants, try exquisite meals by local chefs, and enjoy the views.
5. Portugal, nearby. Stop in Lisbon with eleven-century São Jorge Castle or in Porto with the thirteen-century gothic church of São Francisco.
International yacht shows are held in Spain every year. In May, Barcelona hosts the Superyacht Show: every guest may ask any question to yacht manufacturers, navigate the boat, and then purchase it. In October, there is Barcelona International Boat Show. New models of boats and water toys are presented there. We recommend that you visit these events if you plan to rent or buy a boat.
Rent a yacht in Spain on GetBoat.com. A wide range of boats with every necessary detail is available on our website. Pick the best yacht and enjoy your vacation. Our managers are always ready to help.